VMware vCenter Converter
Transforms your Windows- and Linux-based physical machines and third-party image formats
VMware® vCenter™ Converter™ transforms your Windows- and Linux-based physical machines and third-party image formats to VMware virtual machines.
Contact us for free download!
VMware vCenter Converter Standalone provides an easy-to-use solution that automates the process of creating VMware virtual machines from physical machines (running Windows and Linux) and other virtual machine formats. Through an intuitive wizard-driven interface and a centralized management console, Converter Standalone can quickly and reliably convert multiple local and remote physical machines without any disruptions or downtime.
What vCenter Converter Does
Performance and Reliability
Quickly converts local and remote physical machines into virtual machines without any downtime. Simultaneous conversions enable large-scale virtualization implementations.
Centralized management console allows you to queue up and monitor many simultaneous conversions, both local and remote, such as in headquarters and branch offices.
Offers broad support for source physical machines, VMware and Microsoft virtual machine formats, and certain third-party disk image formats.
- Convert physical machines running Windows or Linux operating systems to VMware virtual machines quickly and without any disruption or downtime.
- Enable centralized management of remote conversions of multiple physical servers or virtual machines simultaneously.
- Ensure conversion reliability through quiesced snapshots of the guest operating system on the source machine before data migration.
- Enable non-disruptive conversions through hot cloning, with no source server downtime or reboot.
Transform Windows- and Linux-based physical machines and third-party image formats to virtual machines with VMware® vCenter™ Converter™.
Performance and Reliability
- Multiple simultaneous conversions enable large-scale virtualization implementations.
- Quiescing and snapshotting of the guest operating system on the source machine before migrating the data ensures conversion reliability.
- Hot cloning makes conversions non-disruptive, with no source server downtime or reboot.
- Sector-based copying enhances cloning and conversion speed.
- Support for cold cloning (conversion that requires server downtime and reboot) is available, in addition to hot cloning.
- Centralized management console allows users to queue up and monitor multiple simultaneous remote, as well as local, conversions.
- Easy-to-use wizards minimize the number of steps to conversion.
- Support for both local and remote cloning enables conversions in remote locations such as branch offices.
vCenter Converter supports many source physical machines, including Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Server and Linux. It also supports third-party disk images from Microsoft Hyper-V, Virtual Server and Virtual PC; Parallels Desktop; Symantec System Recovery; Norton Ghost; Acronis and StorageCraft.